What are Passport Requirements and restrictions to crossing the borders?

We will be traveling along the scenic South Klondike Highway which crosses the Canadian border just 15 miles north of Skagway. You will need a Valid Passport, Passport Card, Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) OR Trusted Traveler Program card (NEXUS, SENTRI, Global Entry or FAST) for the border crossings and possibly a Visa depending on your country of origin for entry to Canada. It’s important to know that passengers with a felony conviction or severe traffic violation, such as a DUI will be denied entrance into Canada.

Children accompanying parents should have an original birth certificate OR Passport. If one or both parents are not traveling with the child a consent from the absent parent(s) is also necessary to cross into Canada. The consent letter must include the custodial parents or legal guardians full name(s), address, telephone number, child’s details, and person’s details of who they are traveling with. Having the letter notarized will support its authenticity.

Those who lack the necessary identification will not be allowed to board the tour. No refund will be given under these circumstances.

About Author